Monday, 12 March 2012

Want more energy - here's how!

Some nutritionists call themselves a doctor but when I found Dr Deborah Quinn had been a GP and had a first in physiology I thought she might be a bit different. How right I was!  

I am a little bit skeptical of nutritionists to be honest.  I've seen a few in my time and they've all just said the same thing.  There seemed very little logic to it.  It's very different with Deborah.   There is a test and checking process she goes through and is constantly developing your diet to achieve your full potential. 

If you want to check her out she's at the Lloyds Building's Wellness Centre 
all week this week http://quintessentialexecutivehealth.com/home.swf and I think she's offering a 20% discount.  I'm not on commission - I've just found her knowledge, help and clarity inspiring.  She will be there weekly too if you can't do this week. 

Over the last 5 weeks I've been doing a gentle detox to give me more energy.  The first 2 weeks I thought I'd hit a truck I was so tired and grown grass on my tongue it was so furry.  4 weeks later I've lost 8 lbs without exercising.  Most importantly I feel so energetic.  I've had one of my busiest 3 months and had to stay up late and get up early pretty consistently.  It's been so easy doing it because I feel so energised.    

I'll grant you there's no alcohol allowed and for a Glaswegian that has been a bit of a challenge.  However I wouldn't swap this energy for a bottle of whisky.  

I am now beginning to realise what wellness truly is: helping your body be more effective.  In business we talk about efficiency in time management, systems and process but without an efficient body we wont work at our best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment